Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Response to Jade Brulotte

This Kate Upton advertisement for Gillette has really got me conflicted on how I feel about the impact of it. Part of me feels as though a man would clearly be attracted tot he advertisement since there is a very attractive and famous woman in the picture. Also, it is clearly a Gillette advertisement so they were clear in getting the products name across in the advertisements.

What I do question is what the exact point of the advertisement entails. It is confusing because I am not sure what exactly she is thinking andI do not have the app on my phone to look at what it is. Also is a man does not have a smart phone that have the app which will read this advertisement, then they will never know.

But again, if they do not know what they advertisement filly consists of, then it will keep them guessing about what it is, possibly leading them to become so concerned they take the timer to go further into the advertisement.

No comments:

Post a Comment