Friday, April 19, 2013

Commercial Advertising

This week I was watching television with my roommates when we came across a commercial that I thought was relatively humorous, take a look.




I remember growing up with The Pillsbury Dough Boy commercials and him being notorious for that laugh when his stomach is tickled; I found it absolutely adorable back then, and I still find it equally as adorable.

However, what I question is how beneficial this advertisement is for what is is selling. Because believe it or not, it's actually selling car insurance, not dough. GIECO has a lot of commercials like this one with various characters and clips, and then goes on to finish up the commercial with their name.

Do you think the cleverness of this commercial is a beneficial way for a company to advertise, or do you think the commercial puts too much emphasize on the other product over the one it is actually trying to promote?

No comments:

Post a Comment