Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Response to Katie Longchamp

There are a lot of products I could think of that have an elastic demand, but there are also some products that I could think of that have in inelastic demand, as in no matter how the prices are changed, they will still be a necessity. A few  could include things such as:


  • Gasoline
  • Medicines
  • Baby diapers
  • Feminine Products

I am not sure if I believe the consumers has an impact on the price of products and services that have an inelastic demand. I would like to say all consumers have some sort of impact on the pricing of goods and services, because if something is prices far too high I would assume they are most likely to ignore it. However, if a product is an absolute necessity, especially fi there are no substitutes for it, then I feel a company can charge whatever they would like for their product or service knowing the customer is going to purchase it regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment